Thursday, January 1, 2015

Life as I knew it was over...

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:43 am, my life changed for ever. I knew the day was coming, as my wife had been walking around pregnant for months, but for me it wasn't real until this moment. I didn't have to deal with the pregnancy gripes; pains, morning sickness, crazy appetite, weight gain, swollen feet, raging hormones, the waddle...you get my point. So, for me life didn't really change outside of having to be considerate of my wife while she grew this stranger in her belly.  Before that moment on December 5, I was a bystander. I even told myself that I didn't want to watch the actual "nitty gritty" of the birth process. However, the moment I got a peripheral peek of the crown of his head,  I knew I was done for. I was all in. I became the biggest cheerleader with my eyes going back and forth from his head to her grimace. It was like I was at a tennis match, watching the ball go back and forth, wanting both people to win. And win we did. My journey as a New Dad had began when Jayden John Kellogg was evicted from what has to be the most comfy place to live in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment